What is the best Dishwasher – A buying guide
A great dishwasher can really make a difference in your kitchen. It is one of the most often used appliances and it can save you a lot of time and trouble. It is also one of the longest lasting kitchen appliances households usually have.
Our research has shown that people tend to keep a dishwasher around for more than 10 years so money spent on such a device represent a long lasting investment. In order to help you make the right decision we’ve selected some of the most common questions customers usually ask themselves before getting a dishwasher. Hopefully our answers will make for a great buying guide. Check out some great dish drying racks to match your new washer!
What types of dishwashers are there?
There are five main types of dishwashers currently available on the market. The most common is the built-in dishwasher which can clean a dozen five piece place settings in one cycle. The Compact dishwasher is just as popular but mostly serve homes with less kitchen space.
Appliance manufacturers also produce drawer dishwashers, portable dishwashers and tall tub dishwashers. Their purpose is the same but the design is different in order to soothe certain particular needs.
What should the best dishwashers incorporate?
There are many things to consider when choosing a dishwasher. A top end appliance must have several sensors, different cycles, durable and adaptable parts, low noise levels and an energy saving design which will not deteriorate with time. We recommend a product which has all that and more. The Bosch SHE65T55UC dishwasher is definitely worth a look. For more information check out the reviews below.
What sensors should my dishwasher have?
Sensors are usually destined to increase the quality of the end results and also save energy. Get an appliance with temperature sensors, water sensors, detergent sensors and soil level sensors. These are the basic things you need to forget about checking the dishwasher every 10 minutes. All the parameters will always be respected as the sensors work only in your advantage.
How important are the various cycles available on top end devices?
Cycles also spare a lot of time just as sensors do. Invest in a device suited for your needs. Some people like using fine china on a weekly basis. Others only use normal dishes and some use pots and pans to cook almost every day. Cycles will help you sanitize and clean all that without your actual involvement. You can just set your dishwasher on rinse and hold and eliminate all the bacteria without using any detergent. You can also program the dishwasher to start at any given time. Bosch SHP65T55UC 500 24″ Stainless Steel Fully Integrated dishwasher can do all that without causing you breaking a sweat. For more info check out the reviews below.
Why choose an Energy Star rated dishwasher?
The EPA established certain guidelines which if respected, can save households a lot of money on energy. The best dishwashers should all have the Energy Star badge. That means those appliances use 41% less electricity than normal products. Purchasing an Energy Star rated device can also come with some local rebates.
What professionals use
Dishwashers are a must have for people on the go. They have become some of the most useful appliances a person could have around the kitchen. Why not let a machine deal with cleaning the dishes while you sit back and relax with your friends and family. Not every machine is as great as advertised though. Our experts have gone through a large number of appliances in order to come up with a list of the top dishwashers . Their picks are based on key features which should be present in any top end dishwasher.
Bosch SHP65T55UC 500 Dishwasher
1. Almost all the dishwasher reviews give Bosch appliances their top rating. These products offer durability, efficiency and energy-saving features which are not to be found on any other brand. The SHP65T55UC, even though a bit expensive, is worth every penny. This stainless steel fully integrated dishwasher is built in such a way it will cut the energy and water consumption by a very consistent percentage, is capable of dealing with 16 place settings at once. It also has 5 separate wash cycles, the patented AquaStop Leak protection technology and an info light to let you know where you stand.
Bosch SHE65T55UC 500 Dishwasher
2. This is a bit less expensive than the first choice. Even though similar, these two dishwashers address different needs. The SHE65T55UC will eliminate bacteria like no other dishwasher. It comes with special technology built in just to sanitize dishes as best as possible. This model also comes with technology used to speed up drying time. It is currently considered as one of the quietest products of its kind. It will never spill or leak and it very easy to use. Just like the more expensive models, this one will save you money on electricity and water consumption given its Energy Star rating.
Frigidaire 18 inch dishwasher
3. A good dishwasher is not all about speed and price. It should also be about how user friendly the commands are and about how durable the appliance is. The 18 inch dishwasher by Frigidaire comes with a stainless steel interior which means it will not scratch or deteriorate easily. It also has the capacity to handle 8 place setting in one cycle. It uses a special drying method which does not imply heat, meaning it will save you money. It has sterilizing abilities and it is very easy to install. It is gentle on the delicate china and it can be programed with a 2-4 hour delay before starting the cleaning cycle.
GE PDT750SSFSS Profile Dishwasher
4. This is one of the quietest appliances of its kind. It is easy to set up and it runs without problems. It effortlessly cleans the dishes even after Thanksgiving. The PDT750SSFSS has 6 different wash cycles with 7 different options. It works on three different wash levels and it is built to last. It is one of the top dishwashers and this is not just according to our experts. It has a decent price tag and it will offer a lot of cool features for less money than you would expect. Remember though you will need a bit of space for this 24 inch stainless steel appliance.
LG LDS5540ST Dishwasher
5. Despite being one of the largest dishwashers on the market, the LDS5540ST is still one of the quietest and most energy efficient products of its kind. It provides a lot of features and it can adjust to several situations. You will be able to wash up to 14 place settings in one cycle. This dishwasher has 5 cycles which include delicate, normal, quick, power scrub and upper only. It will sanitize your dishes and will clean itself in order to prolong its lifespan. It also comes with a delay start and a leak proof design which will keep you safe from unwanted accidents.